Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Distance III

One of my first memories with her was that night on the boardwalk. I don't think I'll ever forget that night. We were young, dumb, stung, and yet we knew that we were onto something enormous. We both knew that we had the potential to be much more than just together.

She was there with her friends and I was there with my friends but they were all unimportant at the end of it all. I don't think I even talk to any of those sorry fucks anymore.

I used to tag alone with the fake crowd. We thought we were Gods among men. I had the money, they had the status, we went wherever the fuck we wanted. I had girls by the cuff while my heart was on a sleeve. They didn't know what they were getting into. I was such an asshole back then.

Her friends were just as fake as we were, so we got along just fine. Holly, though.

Holly was different.

She seemed like she didn't want to be there. And she probably didn't. When I first tried talking to her, she ignored me practically. But she warmed up later that night. I somehow got her away from our friends, and we were walking down the boardwalk together.

Somehow, we ended up getting into some philosophical discussion. About fakeness, actually, if I remember right. I don't remember! I wish I could.


I think I was distracted. Her eyes. I was truly distracted by them that night.

I miss those eyes.

She got me to rethink things. I'm who I am now only because of her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment