Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wild Sage II

My parents are fighting and I'm just a little kid. A little kid in a big world. I'm hiding underneath that old table in that giant living room. John and Peter were off somewhere else and I was alone and scared.

My father was screaming at my mother. My mother was screaming at my father. I was crying.

And then dad walks in and walks past me as if I didn't even exist dad look down at me put down that damn bottle for once in your life dad come back don't go away again please we need you at home please.

My mommy was crying and I was holding on to her. I wasn't crying anymore I was just worried.

I asked her why dad had to leave again, he had just gotten back.

She looked me in the eye, and I could tell that she couldn't answer. Just like the last time I asked.


No comments:

Post a Comment