Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tallahassee VI

I was laying on the ground, in a pool of blood. My body was bruised, broken, battered. One of my eyes wouldn't open due to being swollen. Cuts ran up and down my legs and arms. It seemed like my body was just leaking blood at this point. Everything hurt.

But that pain was nothing to what I was going through inside.

I won't ever be able to explain that sadness, that anger, that sense of loss. I can hardly understand it, let alone explain it. It's something that, I would rather die, than experience again.

The blue morning glow arose outside, and I knew that an hour later, the sun would rise. That didn't matter much, though, did it? I had lost all track of time. It could have been the pitch black night for all I cared. My mind kept trying to go back to that moment, that perfect moment of looking upon Holly's tender, alive, happy face once more, before we entered this goddamn ruined shack; but it couldn't.

I lost all desire to move, and soon, I even lost consciousness. I just slipped away.

A man shakes me awake. The boss. My boss looks at me, and something in his eyes... alerted me that this wasn't a nightmare. That I would never dream again. That I would be stuck in a new nightmare; something that transcended normal nightmares, and even night terrors.

This thing is called reality and it haunts me every single night when I lay down to sleep.

I didn't look at her body as they dragged me away. I couldn't. I couldn't. I couldn't.


No comments:

Post a Comment