Thursday, May 19, 2011

Distance IV

It was Christmas, and it was cold. I had taken her to my parent's house, to introduce her to the family. It had been a great evening. A warm evening. It was freezing outside, but inside? Just right, almost toasty.

We were sharing a room. I won't ever forget that night. We didn't fuck each others' brains out. Not that night. That night, we just held together, keeping ourselves warm.

I pushed her hair away from her face, and slid my fingers over her lush skin. Her eyes darted back and forth from my lips to my eyes. It was almost like we were using telepathy to communicate. But it wasn't anything paranormal. It was almost mundane, even.

Her green eyes. It felt like, whenever I stared into them, they took me somewhere else.

All of the teenage bullshit was over with. All of the petty drama. Every single ounce of it was over and done with now. We were together. We were in love. And nothing would ever change that; nothing could ever change that. Our hearts belonged with each other. And that was it.

It was snowing that night. Just a bit. But we ignored it. There could have been a tornado outside and we wouldn't have noticed. It was just the two of us.

I can't remember the warmth. I can feel the lingering afterthought of it, but I can't feel it.

And I won't ever be able to again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment