Monday, May 23, 2011

Tallahassee VIII

In restless dreams last night, everything changed, inside of my head.

My dreams were tampered with last night. I know this because they were changed, for the first time since it happened. It was the usual part of the dream, where Holly and I are driving down the road. Clouds traveled slowly across the sky, and it was hard to keep my eyes on the road when they drifted past like that.

But this time, she strayed away from the usual dialogue. We were at the part where we discuss a recent Lonely Hearts case, but then, she...

"...James, you love clouds, don't you?"

Myself, my dream's version of me, is surprised. And alarmed. Myself knew he had a script to follow. In all of his years acting out these events, he had never had to improv.

"Sorry, but, what? How do you mean?"

She smiles, and looks at me. Something about her eyes. They seemed alive. Not like a memory's glance. She looks out her car window.

"They aimlessly wander, letting the wind take them without a care in the world. They don't stress about anything. They just go, go, go. Sometimes they're sad, and sometimes they're angry, but they're always able to let go of those feelings; when it rains, they're crying, and when the rain stops, they're feeling better. But they're always restless, no matter how they feel. So they keep going, going, going."

She was scaring my self. My self started to shake. As she kept on talking, the clouds seemed to be sharper, more focused. Threatening. The sky transformed, painted over with a bright blood red. 

I'm in the actor's place now.

She turns to me, and her green eyes...

The green in her eyes leaked, and a green fire engulfed the car. I let go of the wheel, and the car spins, and then flips. We don't contact with the ground. The car falls into the sea of red. The clouds drift past slowly and the car accelerates.

I'm screaming, but Holly's silent.

She's smiling.

"James..."

I woke up at that point. For some reason, I smell a carnival like smell, all around me. It's just strange.

Maybe this is a sign the nightmares will end soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment