Thursday, May 19, 2011

Distance VI

That morning I ran after out of the door. She was laughing and teasing me, telling me to keep up or I'd get left behind. I didn't run as fast as I could, I took my time. I knew I would catch up to her.

She led me into the forest and we ran underneath the branches of those magnificent trees. The Summer sun bled through in between them and fell upon us. I smiled as I felt it warm my skin.

We ran down many trails and twists and turns, but we didn't care about getting lost. We knew we would find our way out, somehow. It was only a matter of time.

We eventually reached a field. She stopped running, and looked over at me. I stopped too, and caught my breath. We stared at each other, over those bright green clovers.

She fell down into the bed of clovers. I ran over and fell beside her. The clovers were cold and a bit wet, which contrasted with the blanket of summer heat.

Her green eyes. Pale green things surrounded us, but they were brighter than them all, combined.

She kissed me as the Summer breeze pushed at us. We had absolutely no idea about anything. We were young, dumb, stung. And yet we knew more than anyone else in the world.

About ourselves, about love, about life.

As long as we had each other, we were unstoppable.

At least, that's what I thought back then.



No comments:

Post a Comment