Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tallahassee V

She kicks my lover across the floor and then dives down upon her, scratching and biting and clawing and gnawing at her. I hear her cry and yell and scream, while the monster assailant above her just laughs. They scuffle and tumble all over the wooden floor, in a barrage of legs and arms.

I push as hard as I can with my body to the side, against the restraining strings, but it's no use. I was stuck, strung up like some sort of theatrical puppet. I was going nowhere, and I knew it. I screamed and roared and yelled as I pushed, but it was useless.

The monster punched Holly into the floor, and then pulled her up by the hair. Holly cried out in pain and I winced. She holds up her head so that her pained face is visible.

"Look, James! Look at my caged birdie!! Isn't she purdy?" she screeched. Her voice was sweet and yet ugly. She walked over to me, dragging Holly over, and she laughs in my face. A smell drifted over from her. It reminded me of the smell of old attics, decomposing flesh, fresh gardens, moth balls, my mother's perfume, opened graves, and something else that I couldn't identify.

Her face clears itself of its whimsical manic and shows a fake pout.

"What? You don't like her yourself? Are you suuuure?"

I'm breathing hard, fast, heavy. I try to push myself out of the strings but it was all futile. Her frown disappears and she's laughing yet again.

"You're not going anywhere, babe. I've got you...."

She takes one of hear hands, dotted with bits of Holly's blood, and touches my cheek, slightly. I was blind in my rage, and attempted to bite her.

She let me. She let my skin tear into her dead skin. I pulled away after a couple of seconds; the stench, the taste were too much. My stomach lurched and I had to control myself.

 She giggles.

"I've got you, and I'm never letting go."

She gives me a bit more space, and paces to the other end of the room, carrying Holly with her. Holly is still kicking and screaming, but the Wooden Girl's clutches refuse these actions any payoff. 

This nightmare is bleeding into reality and I can smell her in my apartment.

I can't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment