Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Arnold I


Arnold’s old house is a wreck.

There are cobwebs covering everything. Dust blankets the furniture and the floors. The kitchen had way too many old dishes in the sink to be healthy, and dirty clothes in piles were assorted into random locations. Arnold was not an orderly person by any stretch of the meaning.

I had to help him clean up first. It had to be done.

I found Arnold in the backyard. He was digging around in the backyard, searching for his soul. He told me he didn’t mean to. That his body moved by itself sometimes. I believed him. I helped him shovel the dirt back into the holes.

Arnold wanted to get better. While I was in South Carolina, I called him up, and we talked about things. I still can’t believe it, but I somehow managed to convince him that he needed help. He took me up on the offer to makes things better. I’m really proud of him for that.

He’s come so far in just a few days. He was putting more effort into his appearance. It was hard for him though. It was like he had to be chaotic and disorderly compulsively. No matter what he did, there was always something off about his appearance. From an untied shoe to ripped jeans.

But this time he looked fine. Except for a bit of food stuck to the corner of his mouth. I pointed it out though and he wiped it off. He looked fine .

We dusted the dirt off from shoveling those holes and went inside. We were a bit hungry so we walked to McDonalds and I bought him something to eat. Went back and ate at the house.

I decided that the kitchen should be our first priority to clean out. So I stayed up with him til midnight doing that. Took a lot of hard work… and by then, we were only about halfway done.

I left around three in the morning. I’ve been awake since. Watching some television.

I know I rip on Peter for doing stuff like… what I’m doing now. And I still think I’m right.


But I feel really good about this now. It makes me feel good.

No comments:

Post a Comment