Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Arnold II


Arnold and I worked hard through the night cleaning up his mess of a house. I haven’t slept… I don’t need to. I’m used to all-nighters. Arnold passed out on the couch, though.

We did a good job, I think. Everything seems nice and new. All we have to finish now is the living room and the attic, and then we’ll start packing up the remaining things he needs.

It was hard doing this. Seeing his pained expression while throwing away some of his shit… it was clear this was hurting him a lot. He’s spent most of his adult life here. And to throw away the objects associated with those memories... it’s not easy.

The attic is going to be harder to clear out. It contains so many memories for Arnold. And his family pictures are held up there….

No comments:

Post a Comment