Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Burn After Reading


At yet another coffee shop. With two of my fellow agents. Chris and Brandon. Brandon’s a former SMSC agent and Chris used to specialize in hunting down certain Fears. I’ve been on a few missions with two of them before, so I’m comfortable working with them. They’re alright guys. They hail from the Pensacola Branch, so they approach things a bit differently. Just have a different mindset than I do.

We’ve been at this place for a while. It’s getting boring. That’s why I got my laptop out. I just want to go go go. Get on the scene! But they’re still working out a few details…

We’re probably going to go in with another agent, but I’m not sure. That particular agent hasn’t shown up yet, and we doubt he’ll be able to get here in time, so we might go in without him as well.

I can’t tell you much about the mission. What I can say, is that the target preyed upon a family a few miles outside of this town. The family was connected to The Lonely Hearts in some way, so they were able to recognize that the activity plaguing their house was in our realm of expertise.

They’re lucky. Not many families get this chance this early in the game. Many of them get killed or injured, or completely wiped out, before we take notice. 


Sometimes, we are able to predict movements of Fears. But that’s incredibly rare.
 

We may interview the family a bit to get an idea of the Fear we’re facing. I don’t really think we’ll need to do that though. I don’t want to do that. I just want to get in and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment