Thursday, March 17, 2011

Gates

I'm in some coffeehouse. Almost back to my apartment. Just about two more hours of driving, and I'll be there. The coffee here is alright, but I've grown spoiled by the coffeehouse near my apartment.

That last mission didn't run as smooth as it was supposed to. We had multiple witnesses.We had a prolonged altercation with the target. That ain't good. My boss is going to kill me for this.

The worst part is, this could have all been avoided. I kind of let him escape. I had the perfect shot at him, but I gave off a warning shot instead. He caught wind of the random guy on the roof across the street, and ran as fast as he could away.

I wanted a challenge. Usually I'm not like this, I swear. I don't usually put others' lives on the line like that. I get carried away sometimes, and I don't make the best decisions, but not like this.

My target was basically a spy. He infiltrated our organization to gain access to classified info. Most spies are "loyal" to an enemy of ours, but this particular one did not seem to have an alignment to any creature.

If you do not know, what we fight in the Lonely Hearts is a group of creatures called "Fears." They are very strong and practically invincible. Basically, they're lovecraftian monsters. I've spent my whole life studying them and fighting against them; it's a family tradition.

And if you do not believe me leave now. Or keep reading, whatever.

Anyways, while he was not loyal to any Fears, he did seem to have ties to a crime syndicate based up north, that is led by a man named Maxwell. I do not know much about Maxwell, but he seems to be a high profile target for hunters up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment