Monday, March 21, 2011

The Boss


My boss yells a lot. Fucking Christ, my ears are still ringing.

He got on my case about that old mission paperwork first. I know I promised it, but I’ve been busy. Oh no, I was just being irresponsible, apparently! Goddammit. 

Then he yelled about how I handled the last mission. Yes, yes, I know I was a bit extreme in my methods. 

And I know I made a big mess. That was a total accident. Well, ok, only partially an accident.

And then he went on and on about how fucked we all are if I get hurt. He got quiet then. Told me that I’ve been pushing myself too hard since what happened. That I’m going to crash and burn one day. 

I told him not to worry. I told him I’ll rest when I’m dead. He just laughed. Told me I had a lot of spunk.

A Rivers descendant always has stubborn blood running through their veins. 

He asked me if I needed a vacation. Brought up the fact that I haven’t had a real, solid vacation since what happened with Holly. I told him I knew that, and I told him I planned on taking one soon.

Just not today.

He dismissed me soon after. He notified me, though, that he would prepare the next mission for me in the a few days. Told me to go home and sleep a few hours.

I’m home. I don’t plan on sleeping anytime soon.

I hate sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment