Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Peter


John, my brother, called today.

Apparently, my… our mother isn’t doing very well. She’s sick. Really sick. Not on her deathbed… but yeah. She won’t die though. She can’t, she’s mom! She’ll pull through. Dad won’t let her die.

It was good to talk to John. I guess. I don’t… well.

It’s weird with my brothers. I don’t like Peter. I just don’t. John, I can talk to. We get into big arguments, but not like with Peter.

Peter’s just such an idiot. He’s a fucking loser. A disgrace to the family. I don’t know what granddad saw in him. I don’t see anything in him but a goddamn whiner. All I’ve ever seen him do was mope around in his self-afflicted sadness. And he’s such a smartass. He thinks he knows everything. Look, alright, I admit I’m shortsighted on many things. But I’m at least not a fucking loser without any sense on how the world really works. It’s not the heart that makes the man; it’s the money in his hands.

He shouldn’t have ever entered this business. And with his goddamn hero complex, he’s going to get himself killed one day. And I won’t be there to pick up the pieces.

John’s… John has his own problems. But at least they aren’t as annoying as Peter’s.

They should just take a clue and learn from me. They fail in their jobs as older siblings. I’m the mature one here, not them. I’ve got this figured out, but they’re still retreating into themselves. Losers.

…Ugh. Well. That needed to be said.

I’m… I’m sorry for ranting about this. They just get to me like no one else does.

They’re really the only emotional ties I have left on this planet. And I haven’t even talked to them in forever. Peter… I don’t remember the last time I saw him.


I don’t exactly have any desire to see him or John ever again though. I have my entire life to see those losers again. For now they can stay the fuck away. I’ve got my job to do.


Winners, don’t quit; keep your eye on the finish line.

No comments:

Post a Comment