Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Rocks Off



I was running down the street as fast as I could. My shoes tapped against the concrete and my arms flailed about me. I had fucked up pretty bad.

My target was going to get away with critical info on our organization if I did not stop him. If he escaped, that info would have leaked into the wrong hands, which would have possibly caused the deaths of dozens of my fellow comrades. 

I yelled after him while dodging obstacles such as joggers, bikers, and walked dogs on leashes. I even jumped over a baby carriage. The baby’s mother wasn’t too happy about that.

Despite the stress, I was having the time of my life. I’m only alive during these types of missions, when I can fully stretch my abilities; when I can actually feel challenged. I was smiling the entire chase. 

I chased him down cluttered alleyways and busy streets. We avoided cars and obstacles and never slowed down. I was the hunter and he was the prey and he was running for his life. 

He knew that if I caught him that was it. I have no mercy for his kind. I would tackle him to the ground, and I would stab him over and over and over, until his breath turned short. I would then take my prize and leave him there for the clean-up crew to claim. 

I think that’s why he decided to try and take a hostage. He thought I would stop pursuing him once he had someone’s life as forfeit. He grabbed someone he thought was just a random dude walking down the street. I chuckled when he pulled that move.

Unfortunately for my target, he had grabbed onto one of the strongest comrades I know. The agent had been waiting outside of the alleyway for him. This had been planned since the start of the chase.

He had his gun at the ready, and shot the man in the knee. He kicked my target back into the alleyway. My target tried getting up and crawling away, but I stood over him and blocked his path. He looked up, and complete terror marked his face. 

“Gotcha.” I said.

Despite the mess in the alleyway and despite the trouble he had caused, I had recovered the info. This is just one example of the types of missions I complete. I live my life on the verge of death and danger for you; for humanity. I take these missions on, officially, to keep you safe.

But the real reason I take these missions on… well, I haven’t figured that out yet.

Maybe thinking about these things a bit more will help. That’s the reason why I spontaneously created this blog. Well, one of the reasons. 

I’m James Rivers, and this is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment